Fashion. Art. Music. Entertainment. Fashion. Art. Music. Entertainment. Fashion. Art. Music. Entertainment.

Monday, February 15, 2010

Jay Says "NO" to We Are the World remake...

Hit maker Jay Z doesn't like the fact that "We are the world" was remade. "I know everybody is gonna take this wrong: 'We Are the World,' I love it, and I understand the point and think it's great. But I think 'We Are the World' is like [Michael Jackson's] 'Thriller' to me. I don't ever wanna see it touched," Jay-Z told MTVNews.com

You know what, I totally agree with Jay. They could have chosen another song to remake. MJ deserves more respect than what they did to that song. Some singers (or lack there of) that featured in the song were Lil Wayne, Nick Jonas, Vince Vaughn, Justin Bieber, Keri Hilson, Sean Garrett, Miley Cyrus, Fonzworth Bentley (to name a few). I totally understand the gesture, and there is nothing wrong with showing respects to classics such as this, however, another song should have been chosen NOT THIS ONE!

Miley, Keri, Justin B? Really? That is over the top wrong. "I think it's time for us to make a new [song]," Jay-Z says.
 AGREED!

2 comments:

  1. MIKEY IS ROLLING OVER IN HIS GRAVE! NICE SENTIMENT BUT IT MISSED THE MARK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a horrible combination of artists. I dont know if we're lacking good musicians or what..so I'm Assuming Beyonce, Rihanna, and Kanye all had the same excuse as Jay huh..hmm Michael's work is one of a kind but I think he would still appreciate the effort

    ReplyDelete